Because there is no mobile signal at Chapel Lawn, and work in Brineddin Wood will often involve manoeuvring on a steep slope, lone working brings extra danger, so working alone with cutting tools is not encouraged. Nevertheless, it is recognised that it will occasionally take place. It is important, therefore, that anyone working alone, whether with or without cutting tools, follows a few simple rules.
- Lone working with powered equipment such as a chain-saw should not take place.
- Always tell someone that you will be working in the wood and for what duration. When you have finished working, tell that person.
- Take a whistle with you to call for help in the event of an accident.
- Do not climb trees when on your own.
- Do not attempt to fell any substantial timber on your own.
- Do not attempt to pull down any overhanging timber on your own.